Sunday, May 9, 2010

day one

My first blog post comes at you from the Lehigh Valley International Airport, because they have free wi-fi and because I have been a bit too lazy/busy to get to this any sooner.
I plan to post as often as I can about my travels to Scandinavia and elsewhere in Europe this summer, but here is a quick synopsis of what I am doing.

For the rest of May and the first week of June I will be a resident artist at the Vendsyssel Museum of Art in Hjorring, Denmark. They have offered me a studio and an apartment, and in exchange I will leave some artwork behind when I am finished. Here is the site:
http://eng.vkm.dk/
For the month of June I will be living with my friend Greg Miller and his assistant and partner Janne Hieck. Greg is an American potter and a respected scholar in the field and Janne is a master potter from Germany. They have graciously invited me to stay with them at their home, and in repayment I will be helping out with the firing of several atmospheric kilns (plus whatever else Greg asks me to do for him).
For most of July my wife Kristin will be with me, and we will be touring around continental Europe on the cheap. Right now our plans are to hit Copenhagen, Berlin, Munich, Prague, Brussels, and finally Amsterdam. These are tentative plans, to say the least.

Check back often. I will start posting pics of Denmark and new artwork as soon as I take them.

Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers